|Job ID Number:||1422|
|Location:||New York, NY|
We are looking for a sharp and innovative Junior/Senior Back End Developer to join the Technology Department in building the next generation financial platform. We approach finance with a fresh perspective, leveraging the latest technologies in functional programming, distributed computing and large dataset management to provide clients with not only intuitive analytics in sub-second, but valuable and actionable insights.
We are looking for a talented back end developer to become a core contributor to our collaborative team, which is made up of high-octane engineers with a wide skill set. The role offers exposure to the entire product suite and provides a great opportunity for ownership. The candidate will drive system architecture and implementation from inception to release.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• A Computer Science degree from a top university program (Undergraduate or Graduate)
• 2 - 6 years of experience working with complex Core Java or Scala Enterprise Systems
• Deep knowledge of the JVM, Core Java (5,6,7) and general development toolsets
• Aptitude and interest in distributed computing and caching paradigms
• Serious experience with building high traffic, scalable and preferment systems
• Strong appreciation for architecture, problem solving, testing and agile development
• Rudimentary skills using SQL and an understanding of various NOSQL offerings (Mongo DB)
• Work with the open source community, developing open source software is a plus
• A strong desire to learn about Hedge Funds and the financial industry is a must, but experience is a plus
• Desire to pursue an advanced education in finance through courses, CFA, CAIA or MBA program
Please submit a brief summary about why you think you might be a good fit along with your resume.