|Job ID Number:||1423|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Looking for a sharp and innovative Junior/Senior Back Quantitative Developer to join the Technology Department in building the next generation financial platform. We approach finance with a fresh perspective, leveraging the latest technologies in functional programming, distributed computing and large dataset management to provide clients with not only intuitive analytics in sub-second, but valuable and actionable insights. The team is comprised of passionate, innovative and intellectually curious engineers from diverse backgrounds that share a common thirst for growth, the open source community and revolutionizing the finance industry.
We are looking for a talented quantitative developer to become a core contributor to our collaborative, which is made up of high-octane engineers with a wide skill set. The role offers exposure to the entire product suite and provides a great opportunity for ownership. The candidate will drive system architecture and implementation from inception to release.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• A Computer Science degree from a top university program (Undergraduate or Graduate)
• Masters or PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, or another Quantitative field
• Experience with doing quantitative research, programming and analytics
• Strong background in the following: probability, stochastic processes, statistics, numerical methods
• Experience building large scale computation systems
• Strong appreciation for architecture, problem solving, testing and agile development
• Rudimentary skills using SQL and an understanding of various NOSQL offerings (Mongo DB)
• Work with the open source community, developing open source software is a plus
• Statistical Tools such as Matlab, R, Splus, etc.
• Large dataset management and efficient distributed computation
• Unit testing, regression testing and general test automation
• Parallel programming, distributed computing , Map Reduce, Distributed Memory Grids
• A strong desire to learn about Hedge Funds and the financial industry is a must, but experience is a plus
• Desire to pursue deeper education in finance through courses, CFA, CAIA or MBA program
Please submit a brief summary about why you think you might be a good fit along with your resume.