Senior Software Engineer, Backend to develop backend solutions for our suite of mobile and web-based products. The ideal candidate's prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- Analyze challenging problems and successfully deliver results
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Distributed systems and microservices
- At least 2 years of recent experience with Node.js
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB etc.
- Meaningful, real-world experience with any other of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, or similar
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenge
- Experience with messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka) is a plus
- Experience with hapi.js is a plus
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- React, Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Microservice architecture
- Open source